Sling TV is billed on a monthly basis, unless you signed up with a prepaid service offer. As a Sling TV customer, you will be billed in advance at the beginning of your 30-day service period. The day of the month your bill is due is based on the date you signed up. For example, if you signed up on November 7th, your first payment would cover you through December 6th (30 days). Payments are automatically deducted from the valid debit or credit card on file.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How am I billed if I change my subscription? >
- How am I billed if I add programming? >
- How am I billed if I remove programming? >
- Can I change the day my Sling TV payment gets taken out? >
- Can I pause my Sling TV subscription? >
- How do I cancel my subscription? Click here to navigate to our Cancel Subscription FAQs page.
How am I billed if I change my subscription?
Your regular billing cycle date will remain the same if you change your subscription.
How am I billed if I add programming?
Charges for any add-ons are collected immediately, at a prorated rate for the remainder of your monthly service period. You can begin viewing your new programming within minutes if not immediately. On your renewal date, you will be charged the full price for your new service.
How am I billed if I remove programming?
If you choose to remove an extra service that you currently subscribe to, the change will take place on your renewal date, meaning you will be able to watch your previous subscription until that time. We do not provide prorated refunds for prepaid services.
You can! Customers with monthly Sling TV subscriptions can now change their billing date. Please click on the button below to lauch our Virtual Assistant and enter "Update Billing Date." If our Virtual Assistant cannot resolve the issue, she will find an available agent to assist you.
Important Note: Sling TV customers currently taking advantage of a promotion (annual plan, device bundle, etc.) are not eligible to change their billing date at this time.
Can I pause my Sling TV subscription?
If you're moving, traveling, or just want to Sling low for a bit, you can now pause your subscription.
To do so, sign in to your account at sling.com/my-account and then click the Pause Subscription link:
- Select how long you'd like to pause your subscription for: One, two, or three months. The pause dates coincide with your billing cycle. For example, if you signed up for service on the 18th of the month, you will have the option to pause your service from the 18th to the 18th in one, two or three month increments.
- Important note: Your DVR recordings will be lost if you select to Pause for longer than one month
- Then, simply review the details on your Pause, including the date it will take effect, the date your subscription will restart, and what you'll be subscribed to when it restarts.
- Select Confirm Pause to finalize.
The Pause will take effect at the end of your current billing cycle and will automatically restart on the date shown. If you'd like to restart your service before the automatic restart, log in to your account at sling.com/my-account and select Restart Now.
Important note: Customers taking advantage of promotions (prepay bundles, annual plans, free trials), customers using only gift card as payment, customers that signed up through their devices (excluding Roku), customers that signed up through an affiliate retail partner or customers using Amazon Pay are not eligible to pause their subscriptions at this time.