We’re making some changes at SLING TV, updating our price for new customers to better reflect the value our services provide. Good news for existing SLING TV customers — as part of the 1-Year Price Guarantee we made in July, existing customer prices are not affected by this new price, when their existing subscription remains active. In more good news, we’ve also expanded our free DVR for all customers to 50 hours, and our DVR Plus is now 200 hours, still for just $5 per month!
Effective today, for new customers only, SLING Orange and SLING Blue are each $35 per month, and new customers who subscribe to both SLING Orange and SLING Blue will pay $50 per month with our multi-service discount (increase of $5 per month).
We are also introducing new prices for SLING TV Extras. The SLING TV Sports Extra is now $11 per month for new customers with a subscription to SLING Orange or SLING Blue (increase of $1 per month); new customers who subscribe to both SLING Orange and SLING Blue will continue to pay $15 for Sports Extra. All other Extras, including Comedy Extra, Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra, Hollywood Extra and Heartland Extra, are now each priced at $6 per month for new customers (increase of $1 per month).
New customers who want all the programming SLING TV has to offer can now subscribe to the Total TV Deal for $21 per month with a SLING Orange or SLING Blue service (increase of $1 per month), or $27 per month for new customers subscribed to both SLING Orange and SLING Blue (increase of $2 per month). The Total TV Deal provides customers with DVR Plus and all seven SLING TV Extras (Sports Extra, Comedy Extra, Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra, Hollywood Extra and Heartland Extra), a value of up to $56 per month.
As disheartening as it is to us and our new customers, pricing disputes between pay-TV services and programmers are becoming ever more common. These disputes hinge on one simple factor — increased programming fees. The fact of the matter is, SLING TV doesn’t own the programming we provide to customers, and programming fees only go up. And while other streaming services have increased their prices by upwards of $10 per month, SLING TV has kept our price increases modest, only adding $1-5 per month to subscription costs.
Our Promise to Our Customers
This is our promise to you: we will always prioritize our customers and deliver the most choice and flexibility at the best value in the industry, allowing you to save hundreds of dollars each year compared to cable. Here are a few examples — just from the past year — of how we have worked to increase the value of our service:
● All customers now receive 50 hours of free DVR storage, an increase from 10 free storage hours. The "DVR Plus" option now provides 200 hours of DVR storage — up from 50 hours — still just $5 per month, and can be added on to any SLING TV base subscription.
● Launched the first Watch Party feature, allowing customers to watch live programming with up to three other friends, the only streaming service to offer a co-watching feature with live video and text chat.
● Added the Big Ten Network — a must-have for Big Ten sports fans and increased the on-demand library to 150,000 titles across more than 700 channels in 27 languages.
● Broadened options for local channels with the new AirTV Anywhere, featuring whole-home DVR solution and quad tuner for viewing over-the-air channels, as well as integrated local channels on the TiVo Stream 4K and on 2020 LG smart TVs.
● SLING TV continues to be available on the most streaming platforms, with more than 50 compatible streaming devices, so customers can watch favorite programming at home or on the go.
Additionally, to say thank you to our customers, we are providing a free preview of our “4 Extras Deal” for all SLING Orange and SLING Blue customers through Feb. 15, 2021. The 4 Extras Deal features Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra and Comedy Extra for $12 per month (a savings of $12 per month if purchased separately).
We created SLING TV to disrupt the way we watch live TV. We were the first pay-TV service to get rid of long-term contracts, cancellation fees and equipment fees. We remain committed to providing you the best of cable at the best price, now and in the future. We will continue to work on your behalf to keep programming fees as low as possible and give you the shows, movies, news and sports you enjoy at a fair value and with the premium experience you expect from SLING TV.
Group President, SLING TV