Recently, SLING TV launched the “Stay in & SLING” initiative, which aims to keep Americans safe, informed and entertained while practicing social distancing at home during the pandemic. As more and more Americans find themselves at home, SLING TV is committed to offering them even more free content, including news, shows and movies for the whole family, with no paid SLING TV account required.
SLING TV recently added the following channels/limited time free previews to the Stay in & SLING initiative:
- ABC News Live: A 24/7 streaming video news channel for breaking news and live events
- Cheddar News (free preview): A leading post-cable news, media and entertainment company
- International news channels (free preview): Offering content from 19 international news channels from the Middle East, Europe, South Asia, East Asia and Brazil. For a full international channel list,check out our blog post.
- BUZZR: Network offering more than 40,000 iconic game show episodes from classics like “Family Feud,” “What’s My Line?” “Match Game,” “Password,” “Beat the Clock” and “Card Sharks”
- EPIX sampler: Sample free episodes of some of the top series from EPIX. Episodes 1-2 of “Slow Burn” and episodes 1-3 of “War of the Worlds” are available now for a limited time and EPIX will continue to sample content in the SLING TV free experience.
- Kabillion: A leading children’s network offering popular animated shows for the whole family, whether you want to watch an epic battle of “Pokemon” or “Yu-Gi-Oh!,” go on adventures with “LEGO Ninjago,” “Thomas & Friends,” or “Transformers Prime,” or sit back and relax with “Chloe’s Closet.”
- Todo Noticias: Argentina’s leading news channel for the past 15 years, offering 24 hours of live news and general interest programming from “TN Internacional,” “El corresponsal” and more.
- Milenio Televisión: 24-hour Spanish-language news, politics, business and sports highlights for Mexicans and other Latinos living in the U.S. Keep up with current events with coverage from a group of well known and respected news anchors.
- REVOLT: A hip hop music channel founded by Sean “Diddy” Combs, dedicated to live performances, new artists, original programming and popular shows such as “The Breakfast Club” and “State of Culture.”
- American Heroes Channel: Catch a glimpse into events and battles that shaped the world, visionary leaders, unexpected heroes who made a difference and great defenders of America’s freedom.
- Cooking Channel: With iconic shows including “Good Eats,” “Iron Chef” and “Bizarre Foods,” this channel delivers the best foodie-inspired content right to your home.
- Destination America: Celebrate the people, places, and stories of the United States with a variety of travel, food, adventure, and natural history programming.
- Discovery en Español: Connects Spanish-speaking U.S. viewers to the world with quality programs across core genres including adventure, ingenuity, natural history, investigation and current affairs.
- DIY Network: The at-home guide that helps with all of your ‘how-to’ home improvement needs, featuring favorites like “The Vanilla Ice Project,” “I Hate My Kitchen” and more.
- Great American Country: Popular shows such as “Treehouse Masters,” “Flea Market Flip” and “My Lottery Dream Home” lead the way on 24/7 programming appealing to American culture, lifestyle and heritage.
- Science Channel: Immerse yourself in the incredible possibilities of science, from futuristic cities to accidental discoveries and outrageous inventions on hit shows like “How It’s Made” and “Survivorman.”
- Tumblebooks: Tumblebooks features a fun and educational interactive experience that explores the next generation of storytelling, with animated read-along storybooks and a child-friendly design that allows kids of all ages to browse and select from the large catalog of 150+ book titles.
In all, SLING TV is providing more than 3,000 hours of complimentary content, including thousands of free movies and TV episodes.
How to Access the SLING TV Free Experience
The SLING TV free experience is available through a simple app download on a Roku, Amazon or Android device. Once downloaded, click “Browse as Guest” or “Try SLING Free” to begin watching.
The SLING TV free experience is also accessible online by visiting watch.sling.com on a Chrome, Safari (desktop version) or Edge browser and following the instructions on the welcome screen. The SLING TV free experience is currently not available on iOS devices.
Former SLING TV subscribers may need to click on “Rent Movies” and navigate to “My TV” to access the SLING TV free experience.